USC editorial style quick guide
I. COLLEGE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
1) Lowercase the when making formal endorsement to the College of South Carolina. Utilize College when referring informally to USC. When using the name as a stand-alone title or describing the University in a tabular listing or address, leave out the.
Greater than 350 degree programs are provided at the College of South Carolina.
Greater than 350 degree programs are provided at the University.
2) Much shorter form created recommendation to the College as USC serves. don't make use of periods or word areas between the letters.
1) When referring to all 8 campuses, the use of system is no more appropriate, other than in certain lawful statements. The name University of South Carolina or the College is formally determined as a recommendation to all campuses.
2) Official composed recommendation to an university need to include University of South Carolina followed by a word space and the name of the individual campus. USC might be made use of in place of College of South Carolina for a more casual endorsement to an university. don't utilize a hyphen, dashboard. Comma just before the campus name. don't make use of prepositions such as in or at.
College of South Carolina Columbia or USC Columbia
University of South Carolina Aiken or USC Aiken
University of South Carolina Beaufort or USC Beaufort
Universities aside from Columbia might describe themselves informally with the use of initials as a second reference: USCA, USCB, USCS. Durations or word spaces shouldn't be used in between the letters.
3) The Columbia university might be referred to as the University of South Carolina’s main campus. The primary designation will be the University of South Carolina Columbia.
4) Aiken, Beaufort. Upstate could be referred to as senior or four-year campuses.
5) Lancaster, Salkehatchie, Sumter. Union may be referred to as regional campuses. They ought to not be described as two-year or division universities.
6) When referring informally to any kind of university, don't capitalize the word university.
The Sumter university will hold college graduation events on May 7.
Funds were sought for projects on the USC Beaufort campus.
Note: With this language, USC and the University come to be the main recommendation for all 8 universities. A certain campus needs to be referred to in one of the means noted over.
C. Named Schools
1) Usage Moore School of Company for all basic references. The complete name– The Darla Moore School of Business– should be used just for professional celebrations (e.g., start) for legal purposes. Moore School is an appropriate second referral.
2) Usage Arnold School of Hygienics for all typical endorsements. The comprehensive name– The Norman J. Arnold School of Hygienics– ought to be made use of simply for professional celebrations (e.g., start) or for legal purposes. Arnold Institution is an appropriate second recommendation.
3) The with a preliminary resources “T” is part of the main name of The Grad School.
1) Lowercase the when making official reference to the University of South Carolina. Capitalize College when referring informally to USC. When making use of the name as a stand-alone title or referring to the University in a tabular listing or address, leave out the.
2) Formal composed reference to a campus must consist of College of South Carolina adhered to by a word room and the name of the specific campus. USC could be used in area of University of South Carolina for a much more informal reference to an university.Columbia SC - Tampa FL - Hawaii #DBL07 @DBL07Consulting