- Over time, SEO is usually less costly than PPC. Once changes are made they remain effective for a long time.
- Organic search engine rankings have greater credibility, since you aren’t paying for the position. Some users will never click a paid result.
- SEO work done benefits your rankings in every search engine, from Google and Bing to small ones you’ve never heard of. Even in search engines that haven't yet been created.
- SEO efforts all build upon each other – the more SEO work you do on a site, the more it benefits the entire site – including every keyword phrase that you’re targeting across the site.
- Most SEO work requires making changes to your website. If you’ve invested heavily in a search engine unfriendly site (Flash. Example), the effort to implement workarounds can be significant
- SEO takes longer to see results – benefits of SEO work is measured in months. It can take several months before you begin to see measurable results.
- There is no guarantee of rankings through SEO. Search engines make hundreds of adjustments to their ranking algorithms every year. Any one of them can impact your position.
- There are some factors to SEO that remain entirely unknown. To some extent, your ability to rank number one is out of your hands.
- Pay per click is fast to implement. New campaigns can be ready to go in weeks and changes take effect in minutes. PPC is the fastest route to attracting traffic.
- PPC can guarantee you a position in the search engines.
- PPC allows you to target keyword phrases that pages of your site aren’t directly built around.
- No changes have to be made to your website to gain the increased traffic.
- It’s very easy to test the effectiveness of different keywords and promotional offers with PPC.
- PPC can be expensive. Typically the most desirable keywords that drive the most traffic are the ones with the highest cost per click.
- You must continue to pay for your clicks every month – if your PPC budget drops, then your traffic and sales will drop as well.
- Some searchers will never click on a paid ad – a certain percentage of search engine traffic is beyond the reach of PPC campaigns.
- The day-to-day work of properly maintaining a PPC campaign is significant, requiring almost daily oversight.
seo might be best for your site if:
- you're interested in building long term results, not just for today. For years in the future
- you're willing to wait a few months for consistent results
- You want to work on improving your site’s usability and regularly add content to expand your site
- You want to maximise the amount of traffic your site can attract for the lowest cost
ppc might be best for your site if:
- Your site is new or generating little organic traffic and you want to start getting traffic immediately
- Your site is targeting highly competitive keywords that could take years to rank well for (shoes, jewellery, books, etc)
- Your website was built in a search engine unfriendly platform and you don’t want to invest in rebuilding it
- You've a large advertising budget and want to maximise all traffic channels
- You want to be able to quickly test keyword and landing page effectiveness
- You've a promotion that you want to be able to turn on and off at specific times
click to enlarge the infographic below – seo vs ppc statistics
Combining Both SEO &. PPC
SEO and PPC programs don't have to be mutually exclusive. It's very possible to combine both and see the advantages of each type of traffic generation while mitigating their disadvantages.
Marketing forms the backbone of any promotional activity that takes place. To make a brand sell and to make it famous marketing is the most important activity that is needed to be practised. As such there are various conventional methods followed and there are certain new ones that have been trending in the current times.
Email Marketing and Social Media Marketing are two of them which have changed the face of marketing and have come up with new, advanced and creative ways to market a commodity such that the market goes crazy about it.
Out of the two most prevalent used practices both have their own pros and cons. When compared to each other email marketing has a larger say. The emails are more personal and give a one to one feedback. On the other hand social media marketing gives a larger perspective. Social Media Marketing involves reaching out to the masses all at once and that does give the certainty of each and every target being met.
Although the coming up of more and more social networking websites have increased the influence social marketing, studies reveal that customer acquisition via emails has quadrupled in the last four years and accounts for almost 7% of customer acquisitions. Organic channels bring in the maximum customers and other social media websites like Facebook and Twitter lag far behind in the race currently. No doubt the times are changing and people are becoming more social media friendly, the impact of emails have still not been negated and would not even in the coming future.
The reach factor of emails is still larger as compared to any domain. On the social networking websites a marketer can approach a number of users but the number of people who actually receive the message are very less. Emails are directly shot to respective email ids which gain a better reach and the number of hit eyeballs. Though the reach is more if we assess the two the quality of social media marketing will take an upper hand and be by far a better concept. Emails also provide a thorough professional outlook whereas status updates and picture uploads on the websites have a more non professional approach that is liked more by users these days than proper framed and soughted out mails.
Keeping in mind that both are equally important for a proper functioning of the marketing strategies, a marketer uses the pros of both the trending styles to his best capability which then deliver optimum and unique results. True, both are different from one another but somewhere deep down the line they compliment each other in a way that the coupled impact of these two processes will bring fruitful...